Bad blood in the Philippines?
Possibly tainted vaccine may be tip of the iceberg
Philippine women may have been unwittingly vaccinated against their own children, a recent study conducted by the Philippine Medical Association (PMA) has indicated.1
The study tested random samples of a tetanus vaccine for the presence of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), a hormone essential to the establishment and maintenance of pregnancy. Produced by the embryo after conception, hCG triggers the production of progesterone in the mothers' body which, in turn, thickens the uterine endometrium and prepares it for implantation. By linking hCG with tetanus antigens in a vaccine, researchers fool a woman's immune system into not only producing antibodies against tetanus, but against hCG as well, essentially making her allergic to her embryo's chemical signal. Once her immune system is sufficiently stimulated against hCG, a woman will spontaneously abort any child she conceives. The PMA's positive test results indicate that just such an abortifacient may have been administered to Philippine women without their consent.
The PMA notified the Philippine Department of Health (PDOH) of these findings in a 16 September letter signed by the researchers and certified by its President. Using a immunological assay developed by the Food and Drug Administration in the United States, a three-doctor research panel tested forty-seven vials of tetanus vaccine collected at random from various health centers in Luzon and Mindanao.2 Nine were found to contain hCG in levels ranging from 0.191680 mIU/ml to 3.046061 mIU/ml. These vaccines, most of which were labeled as of Canadian origin, were supplied by the World Health Organization as part of a WHO-sponsored vaccination program.
The positive tests for hCG in the vaccine brings to a close the first stage of the two-part study commissioned by the Philippine Department of Health. The second stage calls for the blood of vaccinated women to be tested for antibodies to hCG. Once this second round of testing is complete, Philippine authorities will have a much clearer idea of whether any Filipinas have been chemically sterilized and, if so, how many.
Individual women who have lost children to miscarriage after accepting the anti tetanus vaccine have already been found to have antibodies to hCG. Dr. Vilma Gonzales had two miscarriages after receiving the tetanus vaccine and became suspicious. She had her blood tested for anti-hCG antibodies and found, to her great sorrow, that these were present “in high levels.” As she later told a British Broadcasting reporter:
Women should have been told that the injection would cause miscarriage and, in the end, infertility. The Department of Health should have asked beforehand, so that only those who didn't want to have children had the injection. I really hope and pray to God that I will still have a baby and get a normal pregnancy. And I am still hopeful that the Department of Heath will find an antidote to the antibodies as well.3
The possibility that Philippine women were being covertly dosed with an abortifacient vaccine got widespread attention after Human Life International, an international pro-life group, reported on peculiar tetanus vaccination programs in the Philippines, Mexico and Nicaragua. The World Health Organization4 only targeted women between the ages of 15 and 45 the child bearing years for repeated tetanus vaccinations. This, by itself, might not have aroused too much suspicion and WHO officials hotly denied any wrongdoing. When WHO'S research history on “reproductive immunology” came to light, however, the possibility became too great to ignore.
WHO's hCG research
For over 20 years, World Health Organization has been deeply involved in researching ways to make women's bodies reject their own children. As early as the 1970's, WHO funded research in this area by researchers in India and the United States.5 Though WHO later cut off funding for the 'Indian branch' of abortifacient vaccine research, it continues to fund US efforts.6 Current WHO-funded research in the United States, according to a leading researcher, has “moved on” from tetanus to diphtheria as the antigen link. For even greater efficiency and wider reach, the possibility of doing away with the antigen link altogether is also being explored.7
According to Dr, Vernon Stevens, a researcher at Ohio State, the effort to make millions of women allergic to their children faces three primary research obstacles. First, current abortifacient vaccine models require 2 to 4 initial shots to boost immune levels and then booster shots at three to six month intervals. Second, the hCG vaccine does not always “take” in all women. In recent Phase II (efficacy) trials of one possible vaccine, for example, only 60% of women vaccinated were later found to have highly effective levels of anti-hCG antibodies.8 And finally, according to Stevens, the current vaccines under research are just too expensive for widespread use.
“Vaccines that are manufactured for distribution and use by the general population must be produced in high quality and at a cost affordable to most users, particularly in developing countries where the need for new methods is most acute,”9 Stevens wrote. The current WHO funded research in the United States aims to address this and the other problems.
Indian vaccine research
While WHO funds US - based research into abortifacient vaccines, the Population Council and the International Development Research Center (IDRC),10 based in Ottawa, Canada, have been funding the even more controversial efforts of Dr. Gursaran Prasad Talwar. Talwar, the founder of the National Institute of Immunology in New Delhi, India, is generally acknowledged to be the “father” of research into abortifacient vaccines.
Talwar and WHO officially parted company when Talwar's approach, based on using a longer segment of the crucial hCG molecule to generate the needed antibodies, was thought to be too close to the segments of related hormones and therefore thought to carry a greater risk of side-effects — side effects which, Talwar claims, never appeared.11
(The Population Council also directly funded Talwar's research until the United States' “Mexico City” policy forced it to reconsider its support for the development of something as obviously abortifacient as his vaccine.)
At that point the IDRC stepped in and began funding efficacy trials for Talwar's vaccines.12 In these trials Talwar claims that 188 of 148 women vaccinated, or about 80%, produced levels of hCG antibodies sufficient to abort their children and they maintained those levels for between 6 months and two years. This result has increased optimism and enthusiasm for the Talwar vaccine and drawn three more labs into the research effort.
Although Talwar's efforts have many champions, he is not without his critics. Controversy seems to follow him wherever he goes. He has been accused both of stealing compounds from other researchers13 and of not following established medical protocols for vaccine research.14
But from the point of view of numerous Filipinas, the most disturbing allegation against Talwar is that he has, in the past, tested his abortifacient vaccines on women without first testing them on animals.15 Both Indian researchers and WHO officials are on record as declaring that such abuses have occurred. Their testimony has helped fire opposition to the vaccine, especially on the part of women's groups.16
The blood of the women, in the end, will declare the truth. These abortifacient vaccines leave 'fingerprints.' Even positive tests for antibodies will not tell the whole story, however. For these tests, even when multiplied by the hundreds and thousands, cannot possibly convoy the depth of misanthropy particularly towards people in the developing world represented by over twenty years of planning, funding, studying and publishing on abortifacient vaccines. Fifty years ago, at Nuremberg, the so-called “civilized” world looked into the depths of Nazi Germany's eugenic nightmare and shrank back in horror. Vaccines which induce women to abort their own children deserve the same response.
1 Letter from the Philippine Medical Association to Philippine Secretary of Health, 16 September, 1996.
3 British Broadcasting Corporation Horizon Series The Human Laboratory first aired in Britain on 8 November 1995
4 James Miller, “Baby killing vaccine: is it being stealth tested?” HLI Reports, June/July 1995, p. l.
5 Madhusree Mukerjee, “Profile: Gursaran Prasad Talwar,” Scientific American, July 1996.
6 Vernon Stevens, “Progress in the development of human chorionic gonadotropin antifertility vaccines,” American Journal of Reproductive Immunology, 1996, volume 35, 148-155.
7 Vernon Stevens personal communication, 16 October 1996.
8 Vernon Stevens, “Progress in the development of human chorionic gonadotropin anti fertility vaccines.”
10 Jayaraman, “India forges ahead with contraceptive vaccine,” Nature Medicine, July 1995, 609-610.
14 Vernon Stevens, personal communication, 16 October 1996. Stevens related how research conducted under Talwar at National Immunology Institute differed from US research in that researchers did not always “go back to square one” if they reconfigured a vaccine conjugate.
For more articles, click the first link in each drop-down menu, e.g. 2010 (v12).
- Weekly Briefing: Español
- La próxima batalla legislativa: el Proyecto de Ley sobre la toma de conciencia sobre el dolor
- ¿La legalización reduciría el aborto en América Latina?
- Las interrogantes de la demografía actual
- Informe de los Medios de Comunicación: Depo Provera es peligrosa para su salud.
- Canadá: una sorpresa ingrata
- Enfermeras dan el ejemplo: renuncian para no distribuir la Píldora del Día Siguiente a
- Ampliación de la Noticia: La desaparición del matrimonio
- Recordando a Reagan
- Population Research Institute expande su actividad; incorporándose en la fundación de
- Frenando la Expansión del HIV/SIDA mediante la Abstinencia (y la Doctrina Católica)
- Los Programas de Planificación Familiar de USAID merman los esfuerzos para frenar la promiscu
- Weekly Briefing: 2013 (v15)
- Infanticide in America
- North Dakota and Kansas pave the way for Pro-life Legislation
- The Fight to Stop Population Control in Philippines Continues
- Marie Stopes and the Charade of “Post-Abortion Care”
- In Francis, the Catholic Church has a Pope for Life
- Who’s Behind India’s Barbaric Mega Sterilization Camps?
- Planet of the Apes
- Benedict XVI, Defender of Life and Family
- Heartbeat Movement Picks Up Steam
- The People-Haters Are At It Again
- Europe as We Know It is Dying
- The Inter-American Court of Human Rights Condones Killing Unborn Children in Latin America
- “We’re not in Kansas Anymore, Toto” (But We Should Be)
- New Title X Amendment Would Cut Planned Parenthood Funding
- Weekly Briefing: 2012 (v14)
- Will Russia Come Back to Life?
- China's one-child policy itself leads to forced abortions
- Why is Government (and Society) Discouraging Childbearing?
- UNICEF Should Rename Itself the United Nations Sex for Children Fund, or UNISEX
- America’s Pediatricians Claim the Right to Contracept Your Kids
- The Mirena IUD is Becoming More Popular - and the Lawsuits are Piling Up
- America's Depressed Birthrate
- Question: What Can we Expect From a Second Obama Administration on the Life Issues?
- Attending the Abortionists’ Annual Pep Rally
- Norplant is Back--Under a Different Name
- Sorry, Mr. Vice President, That Is Not a "Fact"
- Teenage Girl Becomes Infertile after Gardasil Vaccination
- The Contradiction of WHO
- Is Abortion Ever “Necessary?” The Evidence Says “No!”
- Of Mice and Men: New Study Touts a Male Contraceptive
- Weekly Briefing: 2011 (v13)
- Merry Christmas from PRI
- T-Shirts Are Available NOW!
- Catholic Health Care in Jeopardy
- Ban Sex Selective Abortions in the U.S.
- Pro-Life Amendment Defeated in Pro-Life Mississippi
- Baby Seven Billion, Welcome.
- Lies, Damned Lies, Statistics ... and Population Graphs
- Traditional Family Values
- We're In For A Scary Halloween (If You Listen to the Population Controllers)
- Take Good Care of Your Health Care Records - Or the Government Will!
- China's One-Child Policy Toll Reaches 400 Million
- Catholic Bishops Weigh Into Budget Debate
- Latest PRI Video Shows Collapse of Russia
- "Understanding" Joe Biden Perfects the Kowtow
- U.N. Climate Models Flawed - Grossly Exaggerate Warming Effect
- Weekly Briefing: 2010 (v12)
- Fourth Episode of Overpopulation Cartoon Series
- Turner Calls for Global One-Child Policy
- Love and HIV/AIDS
- Pope Benedict Misquoted on Condoms -- Again
- Planned Parenthood Wants to Abort Us into Prosperity
- As Elections Draw Near, PRI Releases Groundbreaking Video
- Does Obamacare Fund Abortion? Let Us Count the Ways.
- Islamic Terrorism and Fertility
- China's Thirty Years War Against its Own People Slated to Continue
- Time to Pay an "End-of-Life Visit" to ObamaCare
- PRI Updates Web Site, Releases New Video
- Radical Environmentalists Disclaim Responsibility for Eco-Terrorist James Lee
- A Farce: The UN's World Youth Conference
- After Passage of Pro-Abortion Constitution, Kenyan Bishops Urge Immediate Amendment
- The United Nations must love Catholics, we give them their best ideas.
- Weekly Briefing: 2009 (v11)
- In His Push for Socialized Medicine, Harry Reid Trashes the Hyde Amendment
- Global Warming Science? Nope, Global Warming Scam.
- Senator Max Baucus Wants to Teach Your Kids About Sex
- Blasted Ovaries: The Failure of Contraceptive Vaccines
- The Overpopulation Movement Struggles to Stay Relevant
- What's Next for the Pro-Life Movement in Health Care Reform?
- Sneak Attack on the Mexico City Policy
- Spain Awakens Against Abortion
- Merck Researcher Admits: Gardasil Guards Against Almost Nothing
- With 19 You Get Heaven
- Population Control to Combat Climate Change?
- Illegal Abortion Hot-Lines: A New Attack on the Unborn
- Obama to Seniors: Take Two Aspirin and Call Me When You're Dead
- Washington Feels the Wrath of Pro-Life Voters
- People Are The Enemy
- Weekly Briefing: 2008 (v10)
- Doug Kmiec's Departure from the Pro-Life Movement
- The Huffington Post Gets It Wrong--Again
- Abortion and Intolerance: Constants of the Left?
- China Frees Pregnant Mom after International Outcry
- Executive (Dis)Orders: Pro-life Policies Set to be Jettisoned
- Payback Time: What Planned Parenthood Expects from Obama
- Killing The Economy: Dennis Howard's "Elephant In The Living Room"
- How to Sell Out Your Country With Just One Word
- Is Immigration the Answer to the Current Economic Crisis?
- Wisconsin Offers "Free" Birth Control -- with Your Money
- USAID Denies Funding to Abortion Group Implicated in Forced Abortions and Sterilizations in China; PRI Applauds Action
- A New Front in the Abortion Wars
- Cyclebeads: The UNFPA Discovers Natural Family Planning, Sort Of
- Sarah Palin, An American Original
- "Kids: Your Time Is Up" -- Global Warming Game Targets Vulnerable Youngsters
- Weekly Briefing: 2007 (v09)
- Preserving Parental Rights in Panama
- Saving the Mexico City Policy
- How Family Planning Programs Cause Sex-Selective Abortion, Female Infanticide, and Other Forms of Ch
- Patrick Carroll's Research and the ABC Link Debate
- What Women Want (Hint: Not Reproductive Health Care)
- Fighting for Our Rights
- Reproductive Health Mortality
- House Democrats Stage Hearing on the Mexico City Policy
- Gender Equity and the Demeaning of Men's Issues
- The Obstetric Fistula Fallacy
- Chimeras, Great Britian, and the Brave New World
- Are There Too Many Columbians
- US Bishops Issue a New CALL to Latinos
- HillaryCare, 2.0
- HIV/AIDS: Western Failure and Ugandan Success
- Weekly Briefing: 2006 (v08)
- Irish Exceptionalism at an End?
- Suicide of the West?
- 300 Million and Immigration: Separating the Issues
- A Cut for Population Control Money?
- 300 Million, Social Security, and Solvency
- Pro-Life Politics
- The Small Problem of Suburban Sprawl
- Three Hundred Million and Counting
- Abortion the Cheap Easy Way
- Life in the News
- Restricting Women's Rights
- FDA Prepares Sell-Out on MAP
- Senate Democrats'Make-Believe on Girls' Abortions
- Kinder, Gentler Genocide in Mongolia
- World Population Aging 2006
- Weekly Briefing: 2005 (v07)
- What Mexican Women Want
- Will making pregnancy profitable save Italy from demographic destruction?
- House Takes an Interest in the RU-486 Poison Pill
- Getting U.S. Out of Abortion
- Time for a RU-486 Rollback
- A Feast for Life
- More Smiles for Scalito
- Abuse of Chinese Women and Children
- France's End
- Smiles for Scalito
- Abortion Doubters at the Washington Post?
- Mostly the Same, But UNFPA Discovers Fatherlessness
- UN AIDS Envoy Cant Stomach Abstinence
- Living the Gospel of Life Down Under
- Pro-Abortion Court Revolution Targets Colombia
- Weekly Briefing: 2004 (v06)
- Unlike Europe's, U.S. Population Continues to Grow--And in the Right Places
- Abortion by Other Means
- China's Persecution of Women and Children: More of the Same
- Canada Cuts off Chinese Women's Freedom in Order to Spite America's Face
- Would Legalization Reduce Abortion in Latin America?
- The Conscience Protection Amendment and NARAL's "D"
- The Abortion Pill Can Kill Mothers, Too
- Will Families Benefit from Tax Reform?
- The Unacceptable Arlen Specter
- How to Reduce the Number of Abortions (Hint:
- UNICEF: The Mask is Off!
- Secularism's Demographic Conundrum
- Despite Bumper Harvests, Lester Brown's Sky is Still Falling
- Peruvian Congress could punish prolife congressmen.
- Media Reports: Depo Provera Is Hazardous to your Health
- Weekly Briefing: 2003 (v05)
- Exposing Domestic Abortion Strategies
- New Revision Points to Underpopulation Crisis
- PRI needs your help for continued success in 2004
- The Coming Demographic Victory
- In Thanksgiving to God for People
- People: the Greatest Unmet Need
- Gates, Microsoft Urged by Shareholders to Cease Making Charitable Contributions
- President Bush Signs Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003
- The BBC's Method of HIV/AIDS Prevention
- Judge Robert Bork in Lincoln Nebraska
- USAID-funded FHI Exploits Women
- Population Control on our Shores
- The Two Sides of the Culture of Death
- Secretary Powell Cuts $25 Million More from UNFPA
- USAID Undercuts U.S. Global HIV/AIDS Initiative
- Weekly Briefing: 2002 (v04)
- Casting Lotts and Throwing Stones in the U.S. Congress
- Bush vs. Bangkok, Abortion as 'Reproductive Health'
- UK Pro-Aborts Seek to CHANGE Peruvian Health Policy
- UNFPA Seeks Drinking Friends to Fund Forced Abortion
- Condom Kingdom Deflated by Failure (Are You Listening, Bill?)
- USAID "Shifts" Focus to More Aggressive Population Policy for the Philippines
- Making "Reproductive Rights" (Read: Abortion) a Relic of the Past
- Broken Promises: Reproductive Rights Agenda Betrays Women and Children
- EU to Increase UNFPA Funding? Not so Fast!
- UNFPA Admits it Has No Way to Monitor China's Forced Abortion Population Program
- Graduating Countries from Population Control
- Foreign Aid in a Grown Up World
- ABOUT FACE: Norplant Victim Sues Wyeth, OBGYN for $120 Million
- How to Save Lives with $34 Million
- Project Afghanistan: A Situation Report
- Weekly Briefing: 2001 (v03)
- Urgent Action Alert! Call on President Bush to Zero-Fund UNFPA
- UNFPA Whitewashes Forced Abortion in China
- Hillary Clinton Forces Abortion Rights Agenda on Afghan Women
- Pro-Family Groups Condemn UNFPA
- Abortion Zealots Threaten Afghan Women
- Muslims Shocked by Western-led 'Genocide' in Refugee Camps
- UNFPA Hides Coercion Behind a Green Front
- An open letter from Steven W. Mosher to Thoraya Obaid, Executive Director of the United Nations Popu
- PRI Investigation of UNFPA Prompts Hearing on Forced Abortion in China
- UNFPA Supports Coercive Family Planning—Including Forced Abortion—In China (and PRI Has
- Abortion Group Targets Vulnerable Victims of Terror
- China's Role in Osama bin Laden's 'Holy War' On America
- America's Frozen Population
- What African Women Want (not "Reproductive Health Care")
- About Face
- Weekly Briefing: 2000 (v02)
- What the Abortion-Breast Cancer Link Means for Women in the Developing World
- Executive Orders to Save Lives
- Heedless of Demographic Dangers, Beijing Pushes Ahead with One-Child Policy
- Amend U.S. China Policy
- United in Opposing People
- RU 486 and Our Ties to China
- Abortion and Population Control
- Drowning Babies in Dollars
- AIDS and Population Control In Africa
- Family Planning Costs Lives
- Another Country
- Population Growth and its Enemies
- Immigration verus Population Control
- Land of the Setting Sun
- The Ordeal of Chinese Mothers Continues: New Evidence of Massive Female Infanticide
- Weekly Briefing: 1999 (v01)
- Planned Giving
- Depopulation Strikes New England
- Albright Scrambles to Appease Population Control Allies
- Wei Jingsheng Calls for Democracy in America
- UNFPA Bribes Kosovo Gynecologist
- Chinese Freedom Fighters to Meet at Historical Summit Conference
- Population Control and the New Global Racism
- Welcome Baby Six Billion!
- UNFPA Spokesman Lies About Milosevic Partnership to Preserve US Funding
- Know Your Rights!
- Feminist Rights Agenda Storms United Nations
- When Family Planning Is Ethnic Cleansing
- New York Post Faults UN Agency for Ethnic Cleansing of Albanians
- Reversing Itself, UNFPA Admits Ties to Milosevic Regime
- Disney Continues to Propagandize 'Myth of Overpopulation' in Public Schools